Monday, November 23, 2009

Some random sightseeing walking through Krasnoyarsk Winter Wonderland




Main government building

A local teachers college I think



Toy store...watch out for pigeons!
Photo op?

California dreamin, on such a winter's day...?
A "leafy" tree

Catholic church near Ira's house



I am so lucky the weather was maybe high-20s (-2 degrees or so Celsius) my whole time in Krasnoyarsk--pretty normal for January in NYC. The day I left was about 9 degrees (-13) and later this week is supposed to be even worse. I was having some fun with a calculator & old conversion formulas I was able to dig from the recesses of my brain from 8th grade science class, and figured out that -40 degrees is exactly the same farenheit & celsius! Pretty cool (literally haha), but all I know is I do NOT want to be in Siberia on those days...no offense to Krasnoyarsk.

No comments:

Post a Comment