Monday, November 23, 2009

Completed mural pics!












The final mural has been very well-received by students, participants, and teachers. At least Slava & Ira assure me this is the case. Though I can't always understand what people say about the mural in Russian, facial expressions and tone of voice say a lot too...

As for the ceremony: wow. It far exceeded expectations, and I don't think I can put it into words...just want to say THANK YOU again to everybody. The live dance that seemed to blend seamlessly with the mural; the speeches; the creative gifts....I have never received anything like the portrait the group made for me and spontaneously painted at the ceremony.

I hope the other young artists and I keep in touch and I want to reiterate to them that this was their project, and they can do it again! I actually told them about the American word "entrepreneurship" and how they can start their own business doing this type of work around the city.

Very touched, is all I can say...so grateful for this experience in Krasnoyarsk!

No comments:

Post a Comment